Carrot Lentil Curry
- 1 big carrot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3.5 oz. yellow lentils (100g)
- ½ chili pepper
- 1 onion
- ½ lime (organic)
- 1 pinch Just Spices Flavors of India
- 4 oz. full cream yogurt (100ml)
- ½ cauliflower
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 handful of frozen peas
- some chopped spring onions for garnishing
- about 7 fl. oz. Just Spices vegetable broth (200ml)
- First of all, peel the carrot and cut it into thin slices. Heat up the oil in a pan and add the onion and the garlic. Sauté them until translucent.
- Cut the chilli pepper into thin slices. Remove the seeds (except if you want it reaaaally hot). Add the carrots, chilli, lentils, and the Just Spices Curry Madras to the pan and sauté it for a few minutes. Then add the broth and boil it. Cover the pan and let it simmer at low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse the lime with hot water and rub off some of the peel. Halve the lime and squeeze out some juice. Now blend it with the yoghurt, salt, lime peel and a pinch of Curry Madras. Cover it.
- Rinse the cauliflower and cut half of it into pieces. Add the cauliflower and the frozen peas to the lentils, boil them. Remove the cover and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
Season the Carrot Lentil Curry with some lime juice. Now you can garn it with the spring onions and serve it. Bon appétit!