Penne Arrabbiata with chicken
Posted on August 29 2017 by Katharina Mahltig
Do you love pasta as much as we do?
There are so many ways to cook pasta - there are no limits! Today we want to show you a recipe with chicken, which has a good chance of becoming your new favorite dish!
• 1 pound thin chicken breast slices
• 1 package (12 ounces) penne pasta
• 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
• ½ cup tomato sauce
• 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
• 6 cloves garlic, sliced
• about 2 pinches JS Flavors of Italy
• ½ cup olive oil, divided
• salt & pepper
1. Heat up ¼ cup of olive oil in a large pan at medium heat. Now add the garlic and sauté it for some minutes. Season it with the JS Flavors of Italy and stir it. Pour in the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Add the basil and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Stir it occasionally.
2. In the meantime boil a large pot of salted water. Cook the pasta until tender, which is for about 8 minutes.
3. Heat remaining olive oil in a large pan at medium heat. Fry chicken for 5 minutes per side so it gets a tasty dark brown color. Remove chicken and cut into slices. Now add the slices to the tomato sauce. Let it simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the penne and let it simmer again for some minutes to soak up the flavor. Serve and enjoy!