Vegetable Rice with Chicken
Tasty, protein-rich and healthy! This recipe is easier than expected. Try our fluffy rice, refined with crunchy vegetables, together with the delicious marinated, juicy chicken breast.
Preparation time: 30-40 min
What You'll Need
1 cup parboiled rice
2 cups diced tomatoes (from a can)
1 bunch spring leek
2 red peppers
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 big chicken breasts
3-4 pinches of JS Chicken Seasoning
JS Fleur de Sel & JS Five Pepper Seasoning
How to Do It
- Take a large saucepan and add 1.5 cups of salted water, the diced tomatoes and the rice. Bring to a boil and stir once, just to prevent the rice from sticking.
- Turn down the heat to its lowest setting and let the rice simmer for a couple of minutes. Remove from heat and let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- While it cooks, cut the chicory and the leek into rings. Then, finely dice the courgettes and peppers. With a wide jar, pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness and lightly season the chicken breasts with JS Chicken Seasoning on both sides.
- Drizzle a pan with olive oil and bring to medium heat. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side until a golden crust appears.
- Fry the courgettes and peppers over medium heat for 5 minutes. Next, add the chicory and the leek, and fry for another 3 minutes. Season to taste with JS Fleur de Sel & JS Five Pepper Seasoning.
- Grab a plate and add the cooked rice and chicken breasts. A few drops of soy sauce will raise the flavor. Decorate with coriander and you are all set!