Risotto with asparagus and strawberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 7 oz. strawberries
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 0.5 lb. white asparagus
- 3.5 oz. white wine, dry
- 1 tablespoon brown cane sugar
- A handful mixed nuts
- 3 tablespoons parmesan
- ½ teaspoon Spicy Garlic Blend
- 3 tablespoon Vegetable Broth Seasoning
- Murray River Salt to taste
- Tellicherry Pepper to taste
1. First, peel the onion and garlic clove and chop them finely. Heat the stock and keep it warm.
2. In another pot, heat oil and sauté onion and the garlic clove until it softens. Now, you can stir in the risotto rice and cook until it becomes translucent.
3. Then, add the white wine and keep stirring until the liquid has cooked into the rice. Now, turn the heat down to a simmer and keep adding ladles of vegetable stock, stirring and massaging the starch out of the rice.
4. Carry on adding stock until the rice is soft but with a slight bite. This will take about 30 minutes.
5. Add Just Spices Murray River Salt, Tellicherry Pepper & the Spicy Garlic Blend. Now, chop the nuts and caramelize with sugar. Be careful - the nuts can burn quickly! Set aside to cool.
6. Next, clean, peel and cut the asparagus in bite-sized pieces. Fry with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
7. Stir in the butter and the Parmesan. You want it to be creamy and oozy in texture, so add a bit more stock if you think it's necessary.
8. Add the asparagus pieces and mix everything together.
9. Top risotto with fresh strawberries, asparagus, a pinch of freshly grated Parmesan and nuts. Enjoy!