Grilled Eggplant with Tahini Sauce
Fancy a plant-based alternative for the grill? Then you must try this grilled eggplant with creamy tahini sauce. This recipe is a delicious low calorie vegetable side dish or meat alternative to enjoy at the next BBQ with friends and family. So, let's fire up the grill and whip up this Grilled Eggplant with Tahini Sauce, elevating your BBQ to new heights of flavor and nutrition.
Cut the eggplants lengthwise in half, then score the flesh into crosswise cuts. Rub the cut surfaces of the eggplants with the salt, then let them stand for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the grill to 400°F.
Mix the soy sauce with the brown sugar, sesame seeds, sunflower oil and 1 tsp. of the Vegetable Allrounder until well blended.
Rinse the cut surface of the eggplants with water, then pat the eggplants dry with paper towels. Season the eggplants with the remaining 1 tsp. Vegetable Allrounder.
Place the eggplant halves, cut sides down, on the grill grate. Grill for 2 minutes, then turn the eggplant halves over. Bush the cut sides of the eggplants with about half of the soy sauce mixture. Cover the grill with the lid, then grill the eggplants an additional 30 minutes or until tender, brushing occasionally with the remaining soy sauce mixture.
For the Tahini Sauce, mix the parsley, water, lemon juice, tahini and ½ tsp.Vegetable Allrounder until blended.
Place the eggplant halves on a platter; drizzle with the Tahini Sauce.
Best Tips for Grilling Eggplant Perfectly
Grilling eggplant can be a delightful culinary experience, offering a smoky and tender taste that perfectly complements various dishes. To ensure you achieve the best results, here are some essential tips for grilling eggplant:
- Salt and Rest for Moisture Control: Sprinkle salt on both sides of the eggplant slices and let them rest on a paper towel for at least 10 minutes. This process helps draw out excess moisture and reduces bitterness.
- Rinse and Pat Dry: After resting, rinse the eggplant slices under cold water to remove the salt. Pat them dry with paper towels to eliminate any excess moisture.
- Brush with Oil:Lightly brush both sides of the eggplant slices with oil. This will help the eggplant cook evenly and develop a beautiful char.You can also brush the slices with a marinade for extra taste.
- Flavorful Seasoning: Add your preferred seasonings, such as our Vegetable Seasoning or BBQ Spice to enhance the flavor of the eggplant.
- Experiment with Toppings: Grilled eggplant pairs wonderfully with various toppings and sauces. Consider drizzling balsamic glaze, tahini sauce, or a sprinkle of feta cheese to enhance the flavors.
More Vegetarian BBQ Recipes
Discover more delicious plant-based BBQ recipes that will satisfy both vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. Have you ever tried our corn ribs with coleslaw or our cauliflower wings with a delicious BBQ marinade? If you’re searching for colorful salads for your BBQ, try our Italian Pasta Salad or the Tomato Mozzarella Panzanella. Vegetarian BBQ recipes are not only incredibly flavorful but also showcase the versatility of plant-based ingredients. They're perfect for outdoor gatherings, picnics, or any time you want to enjoy the goodness of vegetarian cuisine with a hint of smoky BBQ goodness.
- Serving Size
- 1 serving
- per serving
- 13 grams
- 12 grams
- 6.5 grams